How to write a good YouTube video description

A YouTube video description is a short text that provides additional information about your video content. It can help viewers find your video, understand what it is about, and decide whether to watch it or not. A good YouTube video description can also improve your YouTube SEO, making your video more visible on YouTube and Google search results.


Write a good YouTube video description

To write a good YouTube video description, you need to follow some best practices and tips. Here are some of them:

  • Use the first 200 characters carefully. This is the part of your description that will show up on the search results and suggested videos. You want to make it catchy, relevant, and keyword-rich. You can also include a call to action (CTA) to encourage viewers to watch your video, subscribe to your channel, or visit your website.
  • Repeat video keywords. Keywords are the words or phrases that describe your video topic and help viewers find your content. You should use them throughout your description, but especially in the first and last sentences. You can also use synonyms or related terms to avoid keyword stuffing.
  • Add links and CTA words. You can use your description to direct viewers to other videos, playlists, social media accounts, websites, or products related to your content. You can use words like "watch", "check out", "follow", "visit", or "buy" to create a sense of urgency and action. You can also use hashtags to categorize your video and make it easier for viewers to discover similar content.
  • Write easy-to-read descriptions. You want to make your description clear, concise, and informative. You can use bullet points, lists, paragraphs, or emojis to organize your text and make it more scannable. You can also use timestamps to highlight the main points or sections of your video and help viewers skip to the parts they are interested in.
  • Add your personality. Your description is a way to communicate with your audience and show them who you are and what you stand for. You can use humor, storytelling, or emotions to make your description more engaging and memorable. You can also ask questions, invite feedback, or start a conversation with your viewers.

Examples of YouTube video descriptions 

To give you some inspiration, here are some examples of YouTube video descriptions for different types of videos:

  • How-to video: In this video, I'll show you how to make a delicious chocolate cake in 10 easy steps. This recipe is perfect for beginners, as you don't need any fancy equipment or ingredients. All you need is a bowl, a whisk, a microwave, and some chocolate chips. Watch the video to see how it's done and don't forget to subscribe for more baking tips and tricks.
  • Vlog: Hey guys, welcome back to my channel! Today I'm taking you with me on a trip to New York City. I'm so excited to explore this amazing city and share my experiences with you. In this vlog, you'll see me visit some iconic landmarks, try some local food, and meet some awesome people. Check out the timestamps below to see what I did each day and follow me on Instagram for more behind-the-scenes photos.
  • Music video: This is the official music video for my new song "Dreaming". I wrote this song about chasing your dreams and never giving up on yourself. I hope you enjoy it and feel inspired by it. If you do, please give this video a thumbs up, leave a comment, and share it with your friends. You can also stream or download the song on Spotify, Apple Music, or any other platform using the links below.
  • Streaming: Welcome to my live stream! Today I'm playing Among Us with some of my friends and fans. This is one of my favorite games right now and I'm super excited to play it with you guys. If you want to join me in the game, just use the code in the chat and hop in. If you want to chat with me or ask me anything, just leave a comment below and I'll try to answer as many as I can. Don't forget to like this stream and subscribe to my channel for more gaming content.

I hope these examples help you write better YouTube video descriptions for your own videos.

Thank you for watching this video and I hope you learned something new today. If you did, please give this video a like and subscribe to my channel for more videos like this one. See you next time!

Mới hơn Cũ hơn